Enjoy a wide range of tourist activities in the Ardennes
Visit the village of Donchery and the surrounding area. Explore villages, historical sites, dense forests and parks for a weekend with your other half or a family holiday. Discover an unspoiled region with its history, traditions and local specialities all year round. We are happy to organise your sightseeing visits and outdoor activities.
The Domaine Château du Faucon is close to the vineyards of the Champagne region: in less than an hour’s drive, you can visit the vineyards which produce the most prestigious wine in the world.
- La Croix Piot: a trail which climbs to an altitude of 316 metres for a superb view of the valley where the Meuse and Bar rivers flow.
- La Voie Verte: following the towpaths for some hundred kilometres, this trail can be enjoyed on foot, by bike or on horseback; as it winds its way through stunning surroundings, discover the beautiful landscapes of the Ardennes.
- Moulin de Waroux: account of the battle of May/June 1940
- Villy-la-Ferté Fort: Maginot Line fortress
- Charleville-Mézières and its Place Ducale: founded by Charles de Gonzague, the town is the birthplace of Rimbaud.
- Sedan, a City of Art and History: the largest fortified castle in Europe (35,000 m2).
- Musée Forge Gendarme in Vrigne-aux-Bois: find out everything there is to know about the foundry process.
- Musée de la Métallurgie Ardennaise in Bogny-sur-Meuse: the story of the metalworking industry in the Ardennes
- Musée du Feutre in Mouzon: learn about felt, the oldest textile in the world.
- Musée Rimbaud in Charleville-Mézières: a tribute to the poet, who was born here, and his work.
- Champagne: the Domaine Château du Faucon is 45 minutes from Reims, the Champagne capital. Visit the famous vineyards and cellars, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Hunting in season in the vast forests of the Belgian and French Ardennes mountains, close to the Domaine Château du Faucon.
Remarkable nature site
Ardennes Regional Nature Park: 116,000 hectares of forests and nature reserves for walks, bike rides and more. An unforgettable experience in natural surroundings.